Sunday 11 September 2011

Christmas is just around the corner

Well it's been awhile since I last posted anything. Since then I've been pretty busy, although I had a couple of weeks doing nothing travelling up to Queensland to visit my son and his family, it was so lovely to catch up with them, I miss seeing my grandson growing up but they seem to have a better life up there so I suppose we have to let them go at some stage. The beaches up there are incredible, why would anyone want to travel anywhere else in the world when we have all of this on our doorstep.




For all of you that have been enquiring about the pattern for the Christmas fairy, I've finally finished writing it up so she is now available. Her name is 'Wishes do come true "
I haven't worked out how to put links on this thing yet but at the moment she is available from
www.homepatch.com.au  www.stitchingpost.com.au   www.marallycraft.com.au www.sewarmadillo.co.au

Continuing in the Christmas mood which I always get into about this time of year I've also designed a Santa and a Snowman. They are all designed on the same theme, they have a round body and head, which I think is sooo easy, no fiddly legs and arms or dresses and the pieces are easily put together.
The santa's name is "Dear Santa" and he has a fabric body and hat, the jacket is made out of felt. I used the new Christmas range of Lynette Anderson which I just love. I only used the snowflake print as I didn't want anything too busy. He holds a wooden staff which is just a piece of painted dowling with a wooden bead on top, it's wrapped around with some Ming Garland and has rusty bells hanging from the top. He has a little tag hanging off his wrist which says " And I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight. The picture I have posted I used sheeps wool for his beard but you might find that a bit hard to get hold of. I did make another one with boucle knitting wool for a beard and he turned out really nice. I love his hooded eyes which is something different for me and the huge ric rac is great on his jacket.


The snowman who I have called "White Christmas " is made on the same theme, a rounded body and head. I made him out of plain old Osnaburg, get a nice quality one if you can as some of it can be a bit too open in the weave. Although I backed it with weaveline backing fabric to stabilise it as I find with Osnaburg that it pulls and the seams can pull open. He has a battered top hat which is fun and really messy to make but I love getting messy. He holds a Christmas tree which is made of a piece of dowling and branches of pine garland wrapped with sprays of pip berries. The branches hang with rusty bells,stars, little snowflakes and little labels with sentiments written on them. He also has a little tag with a poem on it

I built a snowman round and fat
and on his head I put a hat
he stood out in the sun all day
untill he'd melted all away
But I know just where he sat
because he didn't take his hat


I would just like to thank all of you lovely ladies that have posted such nice comments on my blog, I'm glad that you are all liking my designs, hope I can keep coming up with more that will appeal to you.
Hope not to take as long with my next post. 

8 comments:

  1. wow all 3 are so awesome!!! im going to go broke hehehe.christmas fairy is just so beautiful.

    hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dolls just make me melt, I love'em. Your are keeping me very busy with your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, please stop designing such wonderful dolls I can't keep up.... hehehehe.... just kiddin, love em.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dolls, you are amazing. Have a beautiful day!
    Fer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I am sophie form california.
    I am a korean.
    I really like your dolls. They are so....beautiful.
    I like to make dolls too but I am not as good as you yet.^^;
    I just made my own blog 2days ago.
    see you again^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I totally love your work, the dolls are adorable...I also live in NSW..Goodluck and I wish you Happy Sales...

    Cheers
    Ofunneka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you still purchase the snowman pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to purchase the snowman pattern too.

    ReplyDelete